Foreign students: register for health insurance online!
Are you a foreign student from a country that has signed a social security agreement with Québec? In most cases, your registration for health insurance and the extension of your eligibility are done entirely online. Here’s how to do it in 2 easy steps.
Gather the mandatory documents
Remember, you must obtain certain documents before you leave for Québec!
- Attestation of coverage under your country’s social security plan
- Attestation of full-time enrolment in a Québec educational institution (or a traineeship or research agreement, as applicable)
- Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ), confirming that you are entitled to pursue studies in Québec (for a stay of more than 6 months)
- Study permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or the identity page of your passport if you do not have a study permit
To avoid delaying the processing of your application, please pay particular attention to the legibility of the information on the documents you send us.
You must apply after you arrive in Québec.
- Complete all of the fields
- Attach the requested documents
- Send your application
You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application and informing you of the processing time. During peak periods, processing times may be longer.