The Financial Assistance Program for Domestic Help Services allows you to benefit from a reduction in the hourly rate charged for domestic help services by social economy businesses. These services include housekeeping work, laundering, meal preparation and accompanying you when shopping.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- be covered by the Québec Health Insurance Plan
- be aged 18 or over
- use the services of a domestic help business recognized by the MSSS
- Light housekeeping work: vacuuming, dusting, cleaning refrigerator or bath tub, for example
- Heavy housekeeping work: major cleaning job, clearing snow or leaves from the main access to a residence
- Clothes upkeep: laundering, ironing
- Meal preparation, excluding special diets (gluten-free, nut-free, etc.)
- Shopping and running other errands, for example, accompanying you at the grocery store, bank or pharmacy
Some businesses do not offer all the above services.
Procedure for obtaining financial assistance
Prepare your application
Contact a domestic help social economy business. It will inform you about the services it offers and provide you with a form to be completed. The business may also accompany you during the application preparation process.
Send your applcication
The domestic help social economy business will send us your application. We will subsequently notify you and the business of the amount of financial assistance granted to you.
Amount of assistance granted
The program provides $4 in fixed financial assistance per hour of service to eligible persons. This amount may be supplemented by variable financial assistance (ranging between $1.83 and $14.64 per hour), depending on your age, income and family situation. You will have to pay any difference between the total financial assistance granted to you and the business’s hourly rate.
Tool to estimate the domestic help amount
You can use the available tool to estimate the amount to which you may be entitled for domestic help services.
For more information on the program, contact us:
- Montréal: 514 873-9504
- Toll free: 1 888 594-5155
- Montréal: 514 864-4321
- Toll free: 1 866 820-8321
425, boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest, bureau 213
Montréal (Québec) H3A 3G5
Application for review
You can apply for a review of a RAMQ decision. To find out more, refer to the page Request a review of a decision.