The Financial Assistance Program for Domestic Help Services allows you to benefit from a reduction in the hourly rate charged for domestic help services by social economy businesses. These services include housekeeping work, laundering, meal preparation and accompanying you when shopping.
To qualify for the program, you must be covered by the Québec Health Insurance Plan and be age 18 or over. You must also use the services of a domestic help business recognized by Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux.
- Light housekeeping work: vacuuming, dusting, cleaning (e.g. refrigerator, bath tub)
- Heavy housekeeping work: major cleaning job, clearing snow or leaves from the main access to a residence
- Clothes upkeep: laundering, ironing
- Non-diet meal preparation
- Shopping and running other errands (e.g. accompanying you at the grocery store, bank or pharmacy)
Some businesses do not offer all the above services.
Procedure for obtaining financial assistance
- Contact a domestic help social economy business to find out what services are available and to sign a service agreement.
- The business will provide you with the forms entitled Application for Financial Assistance and Service Agreement and will accompany you during the application process.
- The business will send us your application.
- We will notify you and the business of the amount of financial assistance granted to you.
Amount of assistance granted
The program provides $4 in fixed financial assistance per hour of service to eligible persons. This amount may be supplemented by variable financial assistance, depending on your age, income and family situation. You will have to pay any difference between the total financial assistance granted to you and the business’s hourly rate.
Our contact information
For any question on financial assistance, contact the Service de la contribution et de l’aide financières:
- Montréal: 514 864-4321
- Toll free: 1 866 820-8321
In person or by mail
425, boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest, bureau 213
Montréal (Québec) H3A 3G5