Skip to main content
Important notice

Temporary measure to renew the Health Insurance Card

To renew your Health Insurance Card, you must mail your completed and signed renewal form to us, without going through the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec service outlets. In most cases, you do not need to provide a photo: we will use the one on file.To find out more, read the news release.


You must notify us if you move, whether it’s in or outside Québec. Your address and that of your children, if applicable, must be kept up to date when you are covered by the Québec Health Insurance Plan.

Moving in Québec

You can use the online Service québécois de changement d’adresse to report your new address to 7 departments and agencies at the same time:

  • Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail
  • Élections Québec
  • Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale du Québec
  • Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec
  • Retraite Québec
  • Revenu Québec
  • Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec

Alternatively, you may report a change of address by calling us.

Change in your situation and your prescription drug insurance coverage

If you are moving because of a divorce or a separation, or because you have a new spouse or a new job, your prescription drug insurance coverage could be affected.


Moving outside Québec

You must call us if you move outside Québec. This is because your Québec health insurance coverage will end if you take up residence permanently outside Québec. To find out more, refer to the webpage Moving outside Québec.