Surgery for the radical removal of a suburethral sling
The program respecting surgical services for the radical removal of a suburethral sling rendered outside Québec provides financial assistance in the amount of $22,500 to women having obtained these services.
To qualify for the program, you must:
- be covered by the Québec Health Insurance Plan
- have undergone surgery for the radical removal of a suburethral sling in a hospital located outside Québec
- have undergone the surgery between October 1, 2018 and December 31, 2021
On March 2, 2021, the Minister of Health and Social Services announced that women having undergone surgery outside Québec in January and February 2021 will also be reimbursed.
Conditions for the payment of financial assistance
Deadline for submitting your application
You must send in your application for financial assistance before the furthest of the following 2 deadlines:
- 12 months after the date of your surgery
- No later than December 16, 2021
The amount of financial assistance is set at $22,500. You must pay any additional amount. If we have already paid you an amount for the same services, it will be deducted from the sum to be granted to you.
Procedure for obtaining financial assistance
Complete and print the form Application for Financial Assistance
Gather the required documents
- Pre-operative document prepared by the surgeon
- Surgery operative report
- Statement of fees or invoice describing the professional services
- Proof of payment of the professional services
- Invoice describing the hospital services provided
- Proof of payment of the hospital services provided
Mail your application
Mail your completed and signed form, along with all of the required documents, to the following address:
Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec
C. P. 6600, succ. Terminus
Québec (Québec) G1K 7T3
If you have moved, make sure that you have reported your change of address to the Service québécois de changement d’adresse so that your cheque is sent to the right place.
Application for review
You can apply for an administrative review if you disagree with a RAMQ decision. To find out more, refer to the page Request a review of a decision.