Visitors can use the website of the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec in complete confidentiality. No personal information is collected without their knowledge.
This site places no permanent cookies on the hard drives of the visitor's computer, just temporary cookies required for the navigation session.
The information transmitted automatically between computers does not make it possible to identify you personally. It is used only for Internet navigation and statistical purposes and enables site owners to verify the technologies used by their visitors.
Information transmitted automatically
You should be aware that when you access the website of the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec, information is exchanged automatically between the Régie's server and your computer. The following information is exchanged:
- the Internet domain name (e.g. "xyzcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account or "university.edu" if your access is through a university) and the IP address (a number assigned automatically to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you navigate on the Internet);
- the type of browser and the operating system used;
- the date and time of access to our site;
- the pages visited;
- and, if you came to our site via another site, the address of that site.
This exchange of information is necessary to ensure that the server sends you a file compatible with your computer equipment. The Régie keeps information on the number of visitors to our site, the pages most frequently visited, the technology used by visitors, the referring sites, and the visitor's country of origin.
If you send us personal information
Under section 64 of the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information, the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec, in asking you for personal information, must make sure that such information is actually necessary. Under section 65 of that Act, the Régie must identify itself and inform you:
- of the name and address of the public body on whose behalf the information is being collected;
- of the use to which the information will be put;
- of the categories of persons who will have access to the information;
- of the fact that a reply is obligatory, or that it is optional;
- of the consequences for the person concerned or, as the case may be, for the third person, in the case of a refusal to reply;
- of the rights of access and correction provided by law.
If you provide us with personal information, either by completing a form submitted via our site or by another means, we use only the information we need for replying to your request.
Forms transmittable online are designed so that they can be sent to the Régie in complete security. Other forms must be printed out, signed and send to us by mail.
We wish to remind you that e-mails transmitted over the Internet are not systematically secure. The only communications and/or transactions that are secure are those that have a data encryption system. We therefore recommend that you not use your e-mail software to send us personal information. To communicate with us in complete security, you can use the various secure e-mail forms available on our website, mainly in the Contact us section, accessible through links in the navigation bar and at the bottom of pages.
The personal information you send us is not provided to other government agencies unless your request is intended for another agency or unless the transmission of this information is authorized by law. This information is never used to draw up user profiles and is not sent to private organizations.
Only authorized persons within our organization have access to this information and only where they need it in the performance of their duties. The personal information held by the Régie is used only for the purposes for which it is obtained. When no longer needed, it is archived or destroyed in complete security.
When you leave our site
Compliance with this policy, comments or complaints
To obtain further information, to comment on this policy or to file a complaint for non-compliance with it, please contact the person in charge:
Ms. Chantal Garcia
Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec
1125, Grande Allée Ouest, 8e étage
Québec (Québec) G1S 1E7
For further information