September 27, 2021 – Our services are evolving. Online, by telephone or by appointment, take advantage of the new ways we have put in place to serve you. Depending on your needs, here are how to use our main services effectively.
How to use our services
Health Insurance Card
- Renewal of a Health Insurance Card: Make an appointment with SAAQ for the renewal of your card with the photo option. You can also go to one of our service points in the health and social services network (CLSC), but you will have to provide a photo. If you have been settled in Québec for less than a year, you must go to a CLSC to renew your card.
- Replacement of a damaged or lost card: Use the online card replacement service y following the steps provided in section Replace or correct a Health Insurance Card.
Registration for health insurance
You don’t have to come to our office: in-person appointments are no longer required.
- Registration of a newcomer: Make an appointment online with one of our agents to call you back at your convenience.
- Re-registration after a prolonged absence from Québec: Make an appointment online with one of our agents to call you back at your convenience.
- Registration of a foreign student or trainee: Fill out and print the form required for your situation, as indicated in section Register for health insurance.
Prescription Drug Insurance
- Registration or deregistration: Use the online prescription drug insurance service for your situation.
Changes to the Québec and Montréal reception desks
From now on, since we offer our services in a different way, you will no longer have to come to our offices in Québec (787-A, boulevard Lebourgneuf) or in Montréal (425, boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest). If necessary, you can use the document deposit boxes onsite to send us your documents safely and free of charge.
Although all services are offered by other means, a telephone service agent may offer you a face-to-face appointment if your situation requires it.