As part of their negotiations with the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux, some dentists have decided to withdraw from the Québec Health Insurance Plan. This has a bearing on how they are paid. Despite these pressure tactics, persons who qualify for free covered dental services will still be able to receive them at no cost. They are:
- children under age 10
- recipients of last-resort financial assistance
What to do if you consult a dentist who has withdrawn
After having rendered your dental care, the dentist who has withdrawn will hand you a payment request form. For your part:
- mail us the form to the following address:
C. P. 6600, succ. Terminus
Québec (Québec) G1K 7T3
- upon receiving the cheque that we will send you, repay the dentist.
Refer to the list of professionals who have withdrawn to find out whether your dentist is included. You can also contact him or her for additional information.
Did you know?
- Dentists who have withdrawn must inform you of their status before providing you with dental care if you are among the affected clientele.
- They are not allowed to deny you any dental services covered by RAMQ for the sole reason that they have withdrawn. If you believe that a dentist has done this, you can report the situation to the Ordre des dentistes du Québec.
- You have nothing to pay during a visit for covered services. Payment to the dentist will be required only after you have received the reimbursement cheque from RAMQ. Please note, however, that you may be billed if the services that you received are not covered.