The annual report of the commissioner for insured persons' complaints (French only) was presented to RAMQ’s board of directors on December 4, 2019. The report provides a synopsis of the activities carried out by the commissioner’s office and details the major sources of client dissatisfaction with our products and services.
The main findings of the 2018-2019 report:
- An overall increase in the number of complaints: 49% compared to the previous exercise
- A rise in the number of complaints related to service accessibility, specifically with our telephone services
- An upsurge of interest in e-communication, evidenced by the number of complaints made by citizens concerning some of the obsolete means of communication used by RAMQ
- An increase in the number of complaints, requests for assistance and reports of wrongdoing submitted to the Commissioner via secure web forms
- More complaints about red tape, which shows that citizen expectations towards RAMQ have grown
It is also worth mentioning that, despite these increases, the volume of complaints remains quite low in comparison to the number of transactions handled.