Skip to main content
Important notice

COVID-19: Information in effect as of January 8, 2021

Our services are available online and by telephone. In compliance with the new sanitary measures and to limit physical contact, our offices are no longer accessible. If you have any questions, please refer to the webpage Questions and answers about our services during the pandemic.

Request a reimbursement for services received outside Québec

Before applying for a reimbursement from RAMQ for healthcare services received outside Québec, you need to know what is covered in Canada and outside Canada.

If you have private insurance

If you had private insurance when you received healthcare outside Québec, we recommend that you find out whether your insurer will look after claiming the reimbursement from RAMQ. We have agreements with a number of insurance companies in this regard. You must, however, provide your insurer with all documents RAMQ requires.

If you don’t have private insurance

To obtain a reimbursement, print and fill out the form Application for Reimbursement – Healthcare Services Covered Outside Québec. You can obtain a copy by calling us or visiting one of our offices. All required information must be supplied.

Attach the following documents to your application:

  • the originals of your invoices
  • the originals of your receipts (credit card payment slips or photocopies of both sides of cashed cheques showing the name of the hospital or health professional)
  • the operative report, if you underwent major surgery

You are strongly advised to keep a copy of documents you send us so that you can refer to them if the person in charge of your file at RAMQ contacts you.

Where to send your application for reimbursement

Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec
Service de l’application des programmes
C. P. 6600, succ. Terminus
Québec (Québec)  G1K 7T3

Time limit for applying for a reimbursement

As of the date you received the services, you have:

  • 1 year to apply for a reimbursement for professional services
  • 3 years to apply for a reimbursement for hospital services

We may accept an application for reimbursement submitted after the deadline, but only if you can prove that you were unable to act earlier.

If you are outside Québec for education, training or work purposes, you must notify us of your absence, if you did not do so before leaving, and provide RAMQ certain documents, as explained in the section on temporary stays outside Québec. This also applies to any persons accompanying you. The requested documents are listed in the section on eligibility during a stay outside Québec.

Application for review

You can apply for an administrative review if you disagree with a RAMQ decision. To find out more, refer to the page Request a review of a decision.