If you are covered by the Health Insurance Plan and you move, either within Québec or outside Québec, you must notify the Régie of your new address and, where applicable, that of your children.
Change of address via the Internet for a move within Québec
You can use the Service québécois de changement d'adresse to report your new address to 6 departments and agencies at the same time:
- the Directeur général des élections du Québec;
- the Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale du Québec;
- the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec;
- the Régie des rentes du Québec;
- Revenu Québec;
- the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec.
Change of address by telephone
You can also report a change of address by calling the Régie during office hours.
Moving outside Québec
Refer to the page on departure from Québec to find out what becomes of your eligibility for the Health Insurance Plan.
Please note that if you are moving because of a divorce or a separation, or because you have a new spouse or a new job, your prescription drug insurance coverage could be affected. To avoid unpleasant surprises, we invite you to check your situation.