Example of stays outside Québec totalling at least 183 days
Say, for example, that between January 1 and December 31 of a calendar year, you spent time outside Québec on 3 occasions:
- January, February, March and April in Florida;
- August, September and October in Spain;
- 15 days in December to visit friends in Mexico.
|Your stays outside Québec
||The number of days taken into account for your coverage under the Health Insurance Plan
|120 days in Florida
|90 days in Spain
|15 days in Mexico
||Total: 210 days
If no exception were to apply in your case, according to the above scenario, you would lose your entitlement to coverage under the Health Insurance Plan for the entire year.
If you received insured healthcare services during that year, the Régie would require that you repay the healthcare costs, i.e. the cost of any insured services received:
- outside Québec, during your stays in Florida, Spain and Mexico;
- in Québec, when you were here, that is, during May, June, July, November and part of December.