Proof of residence
Acceptable proof of residence
Proof of residence consists of one of the following:
- photocopies of all pages of your residential lease;
- photocopies of all pages of your deed of purchase of residential property;
- an employer's attestation confirming that you hold employment in Québec for longer than 6 months (the attestation must have been issued not more than 45 days prior to the date the Régie receives your application for registration);
- an attestation of enrolment in a study program offered at a Québec educational institution;
- a solemn affirmationSolemn affirmation
A sworn statement signed before a commissioner for oaths. confirming that the person requesting a card still lives at the address given. The landlord or tenant who signed the residential lease must fill out and sign the Solemn Affirmation form;
- a copy of a bill or of an account statement from a telephone, electricity or cable company showing your name and address, or a copy of a school or municipal tax bill showing the same information, together with your solemn affirmation that you live at the address indicated on the document.
Please note that a letter addressed to you is not accepted as proof of residence in Québec.