Proof of residence
Proof of residence consists of one of the following:
- Copies of all the pages of your residential lease or valid rental contract made out in your name, including the location (address) and duration of the rental, as well as the signature of the parties, i.e. your signature and that of the owner (renter) or of the owner's representative
- Copies of all the pages of the notarized deed of purchase or deed of hypothec of your residential property, specifying the name of the parties (buyer, seller or financial institution), the location (address of the property or building) and the signature of the parties
- An attestation from your employer specifying that you hold a job in Québec and containing the following:
- your last and first names
- the name of your employer
- the address of the head office or place of business, the last and first names, and the telephone number of the employer or of the employer’s representative
- mention that you are holding a job in Québec for this employer
- the date of signature, as well as the signature of the employer or of the employer’s representative (you may not sign the attestation yourself)
The attestation must be issued within 45 days before it is received at the Régie.
We recommend that you send us documents bearing the company letterhead or logo, or that you enclose a business card along with your documents.
- An attestation from an accredited educational institution located in Québec, dated and signed by a designated officer or bearing a seal confirming your enrolment in a program of studies. It must show your name and the institution contact information, and be issued in the 45 days before it is received at the Régie. The educational institution must be a primary-, secondary-, college- or university-level establishment, and the program of studies must lead to a diploma or attestation of studies.
- A sworn statement sworn statement
A statement made under oath and signed before a commissioner for oaths. from the owner, the owner's representative or the tenant (whose name appears on the lease) of the residence where you live, issued in the 45 days before it is received at the Régie.
- A copy of a landline, electricity or cable bill, or tax notice (municipal or school tax), showing your name and address.
Documents not on the above list will not be accepted.