Proof of residence
Proof of residence consists of one of the following:
- photocopies of all pages of your residential lease;
- photocopies of all pages of your deed of purchase of residential property;
- an attestation by your employer or the employer's representative, specifying that you are working in Québec. The attestation must contain the first and last names, address, telephone number, signature and date of signature of the employer or of the employer's representative. Furthermore, the attestation must have been issued not more than 45 days prior to the date the Régie receives your application for registration);
- an attestation of enrolment in a study program offered at a Québec educational institution;
- a sworn statement Sworn statement
A statement made under oath and signed before a commissioner for oaths. confirming your place of residence, attested by the owner, the owner's representative or the tenant mentioned on the lease;
- a copy of a bill or of an account statement from a telephone, electricity or cable company showing your name and address, or a copy of a school or municipal tax bill showing the same information, together with your sworn statement Sworn statement
A statement made under oath and signed before a commissioner for oaths. confirming that you live at the address indicated on the document.
Please note that a letter addressed to you is not accepted as proof of residence in Québec.